1) What is Montessori education and how is it different from traditional public school?
Montessori education is based on the premise that children have an innate desire to learn. Therefore, we as educators need not “teach” children, but instead offer opportunities to learn and support them in their exploration. Montessori classrooms have these unique features:
- Mixed age classrooms (for instance 1st-3rd grade in one class)
- Hands on, self correcting materials
- Freedom of choice within the prepared environment
- Children set their own pace of learning
- Practical life skills are encouraged
2) What grade levels will you serve?
We will open in September of 2017 with K-3rd grades. We will be adding one grade per year so our students can continue with us through 8th grade.
3) Where will the school be located?
4) How can I stay informed?
5) How big will the school be?
We will begin with 110 students for our inaugural 2017-2018 school year and add approximately one new class of 30 students each year.
6) How can I get my child into your school?
The first step is to fill out an application form after which you’ll be contacted by our head of school, Jodie Borgia to confirm your spot or wait list status.
7) How can I help?
There are lots of tasks that need to be done! Please use our contact us form to show your interest and share your expertise and someone from the board will contact you asap.